once in a blue moon

Saturday, September 1, 2012



Franco and I made a short trip to Binan, Laguna yesterday just to pay Saizen a visit. It's a Japanese discount store that offers a lot of good buys at a very low price. I honestly don't know if it's affiliated with Japan Home Centre and the Daiso but unlike the two other mentioned single price stores, Saizen by Daiso-Sangyo has a fixed price for its items. Everything is at 85 pesos (around $2) only. I've learned from a blogger though that Saizen's Markdown Madness is back for the whole month of August and since yesterday was the 31st, we made sure to take advantage of the promo while it lasted. I got really excited walking up to the store only to find out that not everything is on sale, so I just bought these:

1. facial cotton pads - P25 ($0.59)
2. eyebrow pencil - P50 ($1.19)
3. charcoal facial mask - P85 ($2)
4. vanity mirror - P88 ($2) 

TOTAL : P248.00 (around $6)

The vanity mirror however was bought in Daiso at Festival Mall and not in Saizen, hence the price tag. It's an 8-inch two sided round mirror with stand that magnifies up to 10x if I'm not mistaken. I've been looking everywhere for a decent cosmetic mirror because my right eye is failing me and it's getting harder just applying an eyeliner so this thing, although unnecessary according to my killjoy brother is rather helpful. Also for less than a hundred, compared to some that costs a lot more, of course I'll get it. Haha.

I"m clearly happy I bought the mirror but the one that I'm most excited about among these purchases is the charcoal facial mask from Saizen. It's actually the reason why I've been bugging Franco for a week to take this trip, to get my hands on this much raved mud pack. Well it's not actually mud but charcoal and though I obviously couldn't understand the Japanese writing (there is no English words on the label), I've already read some reviews from different blogs about the instruction and usage. They were mostly positive about this product that's why I'm encouraged to try it for myself. I just hope it will be as effective for me as it was for them. Will definitely write about the experience either way.

Sooo in other news, it is September already. I can hear Christmas songs as early as yesterday believe it or not. Time does not only fly fast nowadays, it must have rode Concorde.

Happy weekend, everyone!

P.S. What Blue Moon? Been cloudy here all day, didn't get the chance to see it. Have you?

8 comments:

  1. oh wow, how cool! all 4 of those things for $6?! that's amazing! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Mile End Bakery Giveaway: Win a dozen cookies of your choice!
    Open internationally: Win a set of temporary tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can't believe those products were that cheap - that's so good! Here, one mascara would probably cost the equivalent of all those items together!

    P.s. I just found your blog and I'm so happy I did because your filipino! I'm half filipino and live in England so it's always nice to stumble across a pinoy blog - as rare as they may be!

    I will definitely be following :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really fun, especially that facial mask. Have you tried it yet? Do you like it? Great post, lovely blog. Would you like to follow each other?

    Xx,
    www.heyitslulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually. I'm going to write a post about it some other time :)

      Delete

Hey! How sweet of you to write something :)