Thrifted Diaries: two for ten

Monday, October 22, 2012


Shopping in Singapore is not as cheap and I still think Hong Kong offers the best bargains, though I haven't been to Bangkok yet, but you really have to prepare your wallet when you visit SG. Even the food choices are a little pricey there, like that time when my brothers and I had to wait for our airport shuttle and saw a McDonald's, it took us fifteen agonizing minutes before we finalized our orders! Why? It's 8-9 Singapore Dollars for one large value meal! Yep. But amidst the gigantic high-end malls and jaw-dropping stores, they do have this place called, Bugis Street. Probably their version of Divisoria here in Manila, and there is where I found these lovely bags. Two for S$10! 

BREAKDOWN:
1. tan faux leather satchel  - S$10 for 2 / S$5 each 
2. oak faux leather satchel - S$10 for 2 / S$5 each

Total: S$10 or Php340 or US$8

Both came with adjustable shoulder strap. How Mulberry can it get, right? Sure the quality isn't outstanding and it'll probably break after months of constant use, but really, for 170 pesos (around US$4), would you care? I am just one happy shopper again and if ever I'll go back to Singapore, Bugis Street will be my first stop! 

44 comments:

  1. Still seems like a pretty good deal man~ The bags look great!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that bag! What a great find.

    I'm a new follower of yours - wanna follow back? :)

    - Erin xo

    http://365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky. Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  3. I love the bag and it's such a great find, that's why I can never get enough of thrift shopping :)
    You have a lovely blog :)I would appreciate it if you could take the time to visit my little blog at fashionandtherebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, kind of expensive for a meal but not a bad deal on the bag! And cute too.

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I almost didn't eat but well, it's McDonald's :D

      Delete
  5. wow! love your new bag! so cute great sense of style
    check out my blog
    you're so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this!
    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bag is so cute:)! Just found your blog and I'm following you now:)! Check out my blog if you'd like:)!

    Rita @ www.CoastWithMe.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog, and I loveee it. Instant follow!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute bag. Even if it does break after one wear, how can you go wrong with that price! I wish things in Canada were even close to being that cheap...

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I told my brother cause he was like, "nah it's not worth it, don't buy it!" and I'm like "I don't care, I have ten dollars here!" Lol.

      Delete
  10. nice bags!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're the thrift queen! Wow! X

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    @heidi_likes

    ReplyDelete
  12. don't you just love it when you find the best deals? <3

    happyleeliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute bags that was a good bargain :)
    Want to follow each other? leave me a comment after you have followed so I know to follow back!!
    XOXO
    elegantlysimple01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing bag :)

    Lets follow each other, hun :)
    I'm following you now.
    I would be very glad to have you as my new friend, too.


    xoxo
    Ina :*

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love this bag!

    http://lorihearts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful bags!
    Love your blog! Would you like to follow each other? I would love to keep in touch. :)
    Have a fabulous day!

    xo Vivian
    Flightgirl Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  17. The bag is just perfect!! I love the colour and the vintage look!! Think it is perfect for fall! Thumbs up!

    Hope you visit me on my blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this bag.
    great blog btw ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  19. two bags for $8?! that's a definite bargain, total winner! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    LensVillage Giveaway
    $100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Hey! How sweet of you to write something :)