Hydroculture plant

Thursday, October 8, 2015


Hydroculture is a method of growing plants without the use of soil. Water-absorbent pebbles called Hydrocorns are being used instead to supply water and nutrition to the plant's roots for it to, of course, survive. I don't know exactly when or how it started here in the Philippines but it is quickly becoming more and more popular nowadays to grow these types than the traditional soil-based indoor plants. And why not, right? Aside from the fact that they are low maintenance (watering is less frequent), supposed to purify the air which is brilliant, these plants also look darn cute as a home display. Just check out this one my friend Jana gave me last month. It's my first hydro plant ever! Too bad we don't know it's name but Jana bought it from Miura, a brand known to be selling different kinds of Hydroculture products. I have been taking good care of it for few weeks now and I must say it's really convenient, easy, and not time consuming. I'd probably buy more in the future since they don't take up too much space in the house, too.

Do you like growing indoor plants?

2 comments:

  1. Well that's cool! That would be a great option for my roommates and I, as our roommate's dog likes to get into our plants and make a mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs tend to do that! Mine likes playing with flower pots. Let me know if it works for you. :-)

      Delete

Hey! How sweet of you to write something :)